Princeville Makai Golf Club – Kauai, HI
Puakea Golf Course is set on sugar cane fields at the base of the powerful and towering Mt. Haupu. The course plays through deep ravines, crosses mountain-fed streams, reveals views of the Pacific Ocean, and even plays along one of the epic locations for the filming of the blockbuster movie Jurassic Park.
“Puakea Golf Course is one of the high value golf gems on Kauai, with its natural beauty, great golf holes, casual charm and friendly Aloha vibe, it’s a great place to play.”
Crafted by the late Robin Nelson, Puakea Golf Course originally only opened as a 10 hole course due to the destruction of Hurricane Iniki. This is why Puakea has the unique distinction of being named one of America’s “Best Nine-Hole Courses” by Sports Illustrated, but this also indicates just how good many of the holes are. In 2002, Mr. Nelson finished the final eight holes and the current 18-hole layout opened in July, 2003 and it’s excellent!
Why Should You Play Golf at Puakea Golf Course?
- Great Value Golf Course
- Stunning Views of Mt. Haupu
- Jaw Dropping Scenery of Jurassic Park Film Locations
- A unique course layout stretching 7,000 yards with challenging holes for all levels of play
Puakea is such a high value golf course on Kauai, the layout is spectacular and really fun! The back nine holes are superb and offer some of the most stunning views of Kauai’s lush landscape on the Island.
- 2016 Best Public Courses, #14 in Hawaii – GOLF Magazine
- 2013 – 2018 “Best of Kauai” – Garden Island Newspaper (Local Residents Award)
- 2010 Best-In-State, #15 in Hawaii – Golfweek
- Served as backdrop to many scenes in original Jurassic Park
- Proper Golf Attire
- Collared or Mock Neck Shirts Required
- No Denim or Swimwear
- Spikeless Facility
Driving Range & Practice Areas
- Full Grass Range
- Putting Greens
- Chipping Area
- Golf School
Clubhouse & Amenities
- Full Service Clubhouse
- Bar & Grill
- Banquet Facilities
- Rental Clubs
- Robin Nelson
- 1997 Opening